Sunday, December 20, 2009

When is Enough, Enough???

Senators,

And so it goes... You buy Senator Landrieu's vote for 300 million and now Senator Nelson had his hand filled with another 100+ million. You folks in Washington are amazing. Do you not see how crooked you all are. No, of course not. Hey Bill, I just wrote Ben and thanked him for sticking to his democrat principles. You know, the ones where you can sell the country down the river as long as you get something out of it. You all certainly lead by example. Senator Reid shows you all how to close the door on your constituents so you can get the real work of the politburo done. Oh, Senator LeMieux, don't think you and your party are any better. Your boss down here in Florida took my tax dollars as a bribe/stimulus and now is trying to run as a fiscally conservative Republican.

Senators, I keep telling you, it is not your money to do with as you want! It is my money and your are to do as I want. I wrote you telling you to not bailout anyone and you did anyway. I told you not to stimulate anybody and yet the back scratching and palm massaging has reached a fevered pitch. I told you no to government intervention into health care (lotsa times I might add) and here we are, a few hundred million dollars under the table, okay, it was really carefully word crafted legislation, to a couple of your brethren " peoples' servants" and tada, I now get to pay for educating some poor smuck and then listen to him tell me how to live my life. Luckily, I live in Key West and I won't have to pay the Tanning Salon Tax.

Speaking of tax, how's that cap and tax bill coming where we replace our reliance on fossil fuels with our reliance on a dream of someday being green with energy. You didn't let us drill, you didn't let us build, and now you want us to conserve by using bulbs with mercury in them to help save the planet. I have heard you repeat the audacity of hope mantra over and over again (see the paragraph above for examples). Try this one on, "stupid is as stupid does". Telling us to light and heat our homes on a still moonless winter night with your green power solutions fit right in.

To the screener reading this, if you don't tell your boss anything else, just tell him it's beginning to look a lot like tyranny.

With the respect due your office,
Edward Rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment