Wednesday, November 16, 2011

No Taxation Without Representation

Senator,
I have sat back for several months and not written any of my “elected” officials because I am disenchanted, no, angry, no, not even that, incredulous. I have written my representatives in Congress and the White House on numerous occasions, which you can review at http://musings-of-a-concerned-american.blogspot.com/, trying to explain my position and concerns. In return I have received platitudes and double speak. I will make this short. I am not being represented by my elected officials. I call and say I have no more money for you to borrow and you continue to borrow. I write and show how Obamacare is a takeover of our free market medical system (yes, I tried to read a good part of it) and it is voted in. I write stating we must close our borders to protect our nation and watch as we give illegals free medical and instate tuition, at my expense of course. I write expressing my concerns as to why we are not drilling for our own oil and not building refineries and watch as China is planning to drill between here in Key West and Cuba while we pay for your regulations preventing exploration, drilling, and transportation of oil. I request more power plants to provide for our power requirements in the future and am told I can no longer buy a 60 watt bulb but I must buy a mercury bulb to reduce my energy usage. I write explaining how the free market system increases the size of the pie and am told we must all sacrifice to provide for those less fortunate.

In short, those of us who are still paying taxes are being held in contempt by the establishment and their supporters because we are productive. You in Washington have lost touch with your constituents who actually pay you. If there was a way to stop paying taxes until you come to your senses I would do it… Oh wait, there is, I could occupy someplace and collect handouts. But alas, I cannot. I must continue to be part of the silent majority, at least for a little while longer, while what I defended for over twenty years is torn apart by those who want something for nothing.

With the respect due your Office,
Edward Rodda, ETC(SS), Retired

No comments:

Post a Comment