Sunday, February 5, 2012

Washington 1, Christians 0

To whom it may concern (as if anyone reads this anymore),

As a practicing Catholic and a Knight of Columbus, what Comrade Obama and his Czars have just ruled regarding Obamacare and its’ takeover of the healthcare system tells me I must look elsewhere to practice my religion. On a regular basis we speak for the unborn to provide them the same rights your murderers and rapists on death row have. You have relegated the unborn to the position of a fly needing extermination because it is interfering with your lunch. Your continued onslaught on Christian religion is a telling story about the morals of this country and where they have gravitated to.

When did what I believe become an issue? It became an issue when it interfered with Comrade Obama’s takeover of my daily life. Who knows better than I what I should believe and practice? You, you who have guaranteed my child many years of poverty because of your fiscal irresponsibility? You, you who have bought votes with your promises of entitlements instead of employment opportunities? You, you who have given your RESPONSIBILITIES as elected representatives to administrators of regulations who stifle growth and ensure their own continued existence?

This country was founded on religious freedom and now this government is attempting to take it away. You have become an anathema to me. It has become a country of rights with no responsibility and a government whose motto should be “Whatever It Takes” instead of “In God We Trust”.

What is amazing to me is I spent twenty plus years in defense of the Constitution, including the Bill of Rights, and with the stroke of a pen my government has ensured the deaths of many at the hand of my religion. I commend you on the audacity of your actions and look forward apprehensively to your next onslaught on Christianity. Perhaps you will be able to label Christians as enemies of the State as we stand up against you because of our belief.

A Christian Citizen,
Edward Rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment