Thursday, November 26, 2009

When the White House writes...

Some of you may have received an email from Michelle Obama, I decided to reply...


Michelle, may I call you Michelle?
Thank you for your thoughtful message. My family and I always try and provide for those less fortunate than us regardless of what led them there. In as much as you were thoughtful enough to send me a Thanksgiving message, here is mine to you and your family.

As we prepare our Thanksgiving dinner we are aware that next Thanksgiving, if all goes well for the politicians, we will be living in a completely different America. Instead of giving thanks to God we will be giving thanks to you and your wonderful husband for providing for those in need by taking directly from our larder without us having to do anything but try and make a living.

Michelle, I look back at my life and see all the opportunities I have had, some I have let slip through my fingers, thank you to my wonderful parents for trying to give me a college education. And yet America was there to provide me with many others and I thank God for them. No, I never became another Warren Buffet, not even a Jimmy Buffett, but I was given the tools, and used them to my fullest extent, to become a provider for my family. We live comfortably at a standard of living far greater than many in the world because our forefathers designed a government which allowed the people to be responsible for their own happiness.

Michelle, when you look at America through the glasses colored by the people who have raised you, educated you, and taught you the meaning of loving God what do you see? Were you truly not proud to be an American up to the moment you publicly announced your change of heart? Are you not proud of us Americans, millions of us, who have served our country for many more years than you beloved husband, we that have given him the greatest opportunity in the world and he took it? Are you truly unsatisfied with what our founding fathers provided for us through their love of God; and their foresight to ensure its continued existence through the Bill of Rights? Or do you believe in only one portion of the Declaration of Independence in that “all men are created equal” and that government is responsible for making sure of it?

Michelle, this afternoon when you sit down for Thanksgiving what are you going to tell your daughters to be thankful for? Are you going to be thankful to God who has bestowed many great things upon this nation? Or are you going to tell them to be thankful for the politicians who are bestowing gifts upon those who believe what you have been taught to believe? I pray you do not continue coloring your children’s world with what you have been taught. Tell them to be thankful for what God has given them outright and if not thankful, gracious to those who attempt to ensure the continued existence of this great nation as our founders designed.

Sincerely,
Edward Rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment