Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another Letter Sent From Heart, Another Computer Generated Answer...

Readers, again supposing I have any, if there was any question a computer is running Senator Nelson's office, let me put it to rest. My recent tongue-in-cheek email regarding my purported mortgage problems and my follow on email regarding government's responsibility in the mortgage crisis has been answered by a ... You Make the Choice.

Dear Mr. Rodda:

Thank you for contacting me about the Making Home Affordable program.

I believe foreclosure prevention is a crucial component to economic recovery. That’s why I voted for S.896, the Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009, which provides strong incentives for the creation of voluntary mortgage modifications. Mortgage modification can help hard-working families stay afloat and preserves billions in equity for neighboring homeowners.

The Making Home Affordable Program furthers efforts aimed at preventing foreclosure by allowing borrowers to lower their mortgage payments through refinancing or modification. This program was designed to help 3 to 4 million at-risk homeowners avoid foreclosure. But I am concerned by reports that fewer than 6 percent of eligible homeowners have been able to obtain new loans through the program because of actions by the financial services industry. I will continue to work with my colleagues to pressure the banks we’ve been asked to bailout to do more to help homeowners through this crisis.

To find more information on the Making Home Affordable Program, please visit the website www.makinghomeaffordable.com.

I appreciate learning of your particular circumstances and the challenges you face. I’ll keep your situation in mind as we debate measures aimed at helping Americans who are struggling in these difficult times. Please don't hesitate to contact me again.

Sincerely,
Senator Bill Nelson

And my reply... You would think I would get tired of this!

Senator Computer,
Thank you for your reply to my letter regarding the financial crisis you in Congress have put us in by forcing lenders to provide mortgages to people who have a history of poor credit choices (please see my email I sent on the 2nd of April). It is obvious by your response you have a lot of things going on in that micro, and I do mean micro, processor of yours. I hope you are able to overcome the overload going on in between those memory sticks. Perhaps if you would have a human read my email instead of you trying to perform word association you would understand the point I am trying to get across to you.

In closing, tell your programmer I am not pleased with his performance in the Senate and plan to reformat him as soon as possible. I would recommend you start looking for a Reagan Conservative to plug your firewire into. I imagine he/she will have tons of memory and come preprogrammed with the "right" answers to bring about the rebirth of the Union in the spirit of our Republic's Founders.

With the respect due a computer (or a teleprompter),
Edward Rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment