Saturday, April 10, 2010

Maybe If I Start Writing Before They're Elected...

I went to Marco Rubio's website to see what direction he is headed in and found an interesting tax idea from Mr. Rubio so I emailed his campaign site a question...

I read in Mr. Rubio's biography he is in favor of a flat consumption tax. I perceived this was some sort of VAT and researched. I found an article by author: Marina Kesner-Škreb, Financial Theory and Practice, 2005, 29 (2), 205-208, stating the flat consumption tax (FCT) taxed net earnings of corporations only and incomes of individuals at a flat rate. It also did not tax earnings from interest or dividends. Is this the (FCT) Mr. Rubio was/is interested in bringing into fruition? In addition, as 47% of Americans have now been weaned off of paying taxes how does Mr. Rubio intend to bring those people back onto the tax rolls and bring "fairness" back to us left paying for National Defense and promoting the general "WELFARE"? In closing, if you are interested in more of my views, and those, I am sure, of other taxpaying citizens, please check out my blog at www.musings-of-a-concerned-american.blogspot.com. Don't be surprised to see this letter and your answer posted.

Respectfully,
Edward Rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment