Monday, October 12, 2009

1 Trillion Dollars... For What?

Senator,
So, let me get this straight. You are going to charge me and the people who still pay taxes a trillion dollars, let’s be honest for once, and for my trillion I get:
1. To wait for appointments.
2. 500 billion stripped from an account I have put into my whole life. And this just as the baby boomers really start to retire, you must be so proud.
3. Higher taxes to pay for this boondoggle. Oh, did I say I get to pay them for three years before I see one appointment under this new system. And did I say I have to pay my health insurance premiums at the same time.
4. To pay insurance for those who can afford it but don’t want it.
5. To pay for abortions, which happen to be against my religious beliefs. Gee, isn’t that what the United States was formed for, so we could follow our religious convictions without government intervention.

And here is what I don’t get:
1. Tort reform.
2. Free trade across state lines for insurers.
3. Safeguards to prevent illegal aliens from spending MY MONEY (not yours, senator).
4. Here’s a good one… better health care because no where in this bill have you figured out how you are going to get the doctors.
5. And an even better one… coverage for all the people you want it to help! I can’t wait to see that bill.

And the Pièce de Résistance, if I choose not to have health care you are going to fine me and put me in jail. How American this is, Senator. Senator, I wonder if you sleep well at night, knowing you are trying to buy votes from more and more of the people who don’t pay taxes and strip the hard work from those of us who still pay to keep this country safe.

I couldn’t find the right words to close this with so I decided to paraphrase one of your compatriots in the House. I will continue to try and get through to you, but really Senator “Trying to have a conversation with you is like arguing with a dining room table”.

With the respect due the Office of Senator,
Edward Rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment