Sunday, October 4, 2009

What Are We Stimulating? Sent January 09'

Senator,
I have written you on several occasions for varying issues and I realize we are on opposite sides of the fence. There is an old saying, "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." You can see by the number of businesses that are trying to pass themselves off as banks that the bailout bill is a complete disaster (and will continue to be without strict guidelines and oversight). Barney Frank did our country a great disservice in his position and must be replaced. But I digress.

The 900 Billion Dollar Stimulus Package that President elect Obama and the Democrats are trying to force feed our country will do nothing in the long run to preserve our way of life. You have allocated money for more highways but refuse to allow drilling and refining to go on. I hope you are planning to put in more rest stops for horses and blacksmith shops as we wait in desperation for the magic pill we can drop in our tank and go a thousand miles. Have you thought about how you all are going to tax whatever is going to be our new source when you all completely outlaw any CO2 producing fuel? I am also surprised (and then again, maybe not) you all have not proposed one dollar as a subsidy for any electric generating plant. I have written you in the past regarding this issue. I attempted to keep it at an understandable level by comparing it to a pie and all we have to do is make the slices smaller, until such time as everyone gets one compact fluorescent bulb and can run it for five minutes a day (I feel bad for the ones that are scheduled for daylight hours).

You and people like you are out of touch with what is going on. I do not work for the greater good. I work to provide for MY family. I pay taxes to "provide for the common defense" of our great nation. I "promote the general welfare" by providing my time and money to worthy causes within my community. It is a shame that those in Congress feel that the opposite is the way the Preamble should have been written.

In closing, I understand I am probably just talking to a wall and none or very little of my concerns will be heard. I am not asking for a handout and I even pay my taxes on time (unlike the esteemed Timothy Geithner). I guess I must be really lucky and will end up giving more of my hard earned money to support President-elect Obama’s grand scheme for the redistribution of wealth.

With all due respect,
Edward Rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment