Thursday, October 29, 2009

UAW Eyes Another Company to Drag Under

Senator,
So let me get this straight. You authorized giving half a billion dollars of my money to a foreign company to buy a plant that was shut down due to high overhead caused by excessive profits of the unions, the same people who are now running GM and Chrysler, and then give them sweet deals on tax breaks so they can build a car I can’t afford. How thoughtful of you.

Yes, the company that got you to slip them a check for half a billion is now going to slip it to us. Oh yes, I read FOX news, it appears Mr. Biden was bragging to his voting base. I bet the UAW can’t wait to get their hands on this company. How can Fisker not pay the going union wage? I can hear your pay czar now, “you have to pay these people more because we gave you seed money”. Oh wait, we gave them the money in 09’ but we won’t see the first car until 2012. Hey, that’s a presidential election year. Could it be…? No, he wouldn’t dare use it as an example of his policies working towards a greener America, would he…?

On a separate note, where is your vice president going to get the POWER to charge all these cars? Bill, do you remember my letter where I discussed how if you don’t allow business to search for energy and build power plants it won’t matter how many people change to mercury containing fluorescent bulbs? Is it coming back to you yet, Bill? Remember when I asked you, when are you going to address the need for more energy? And please, do not try and sell me any of the power from your solar plant. It already cost me more than I can afford and still can’t light one of my CFB’s (compact fluorescent bulbs) after sunset.

It really doesn’t matter what I write you or call you about does it, you are able to take my money, give it to people who don’t deserve it, and then go on and make life and death decisions over the populace that voted you into office by controlling their health care, but that is the subject of a different letter. I wonder if you sleep well at night, Senator. I know I don’t.

With the respect due the office of Senator,
Edward Rodda

P.S. Check out my blog, you'd probably be the first, at http://musings-of-a-concerned-american.blogspot.com/. Some of it may be vaguely familiar.

P.P.S. You are welcome to answer the questions that are not tongue in cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment