Sunday, October 4, 2009

On Global Warming Compensation. Sent April 09'

Ms. Ros-Lehtinen,
A quick note on the Waxman-Markey blueprint for bilking taxpayer dollars to compensate victims of global warming. My family had to move during the dust bowl era. Please grandfather this bill so I may sue for loss of land. I know it was caused by the industrialization of the country. So much steel was being produced my grandpa said he could see the smoke in Kansas.

Okay, maybe not. But you can see where this is going. Do not allow this bill to pass. You in congress have prevented this country's growth by severely limiting its ability to produce energy. Now you are going to allow people to sue the government for perceived injustices caused by themselves, i.e., turning on lights, running their dryers and air conditioners, and scooting around town in their SUV's (if what the tree huggers say is validated, which it hasn't been). Stop the madness. I am not responsible for people living in Phoenix who complain about the heat (I know, I lived there) and then want to sue because they feel people have caused the problem. What kind of idiocy is that?

In any case, I do not expect an answer even though you work for me. I understand it is more important to worry about the minutia of Miami than the survivability of our nation.

With the respect due your office,
Edward Rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment