Friday, October 9, 2009

Hello, Senator Martinez, Senator Martinez... Sent June 09'

Senator Martinez,
Thank you for your response. I have written you on dozens of occasions and I believe this is the first time I have received an actual response that is not form letter.

I wrote Senator Nelson regarding the same issue and he is blindly following the Party line and does not care about the huge cost he is foisting on the American people.

Senator, it is none of your business how I live my life, therefore there should be no concern from the federal government regarding how I take care of me. That is why I live here. I pay my taxes and my health care and I accept the consequences of my past actions and those I might perform in the future. Bush 41 just jumped out of an airplane at the age of 80+. Under your health care plan he would not have been covered if he had broken a hip because he wasn't being "respectful" to his body. What other behavior are you in Washington going to limit to pay for your health care program? Do you not see what is going on, Senator? Do you not read history, Senator? This is America, Senator, not England, or Canada, or the USSR.

Senator, the real culprits to the cost of health care are the insurance costs of doctors that protect them from malpractice suits brought by lawyers, like those in Congress, who are looking for the fast buck.

Senator, I wish I could sit down and talk about issues with you. This country is so headed down the wrong path and there is no leadership in the conservative arena protecting me from government intervention, much less for the protection of our country.

I do believe we are no longer the land of the free and the home of the brave. We are the land of coddled and the home of the entitled. Personal responsibility has gone the way of the dodo bird.

I guess I will wait patiently at home for my entitlement checks, making sure I do nothing to damage my health for the fear of being rejected, (rats, I am getting old so I am put on the back burner anyway), and wait for the day I die knowing that the government is going to make sure I live my life to fullest and I do not need to worry about the future because Uncle Sam has my back.

Shaking my head in disdain in Key West,
Edward Rodda

No comments:

Post a Comment